Saturday, July 23, 2011

Count Your Blessings

"Focusing on what is wrong can cause us to miss everything that is good."

I know this to be true. I've been, for the most part, missing everything that is good for the past 7 months because I have been dwelling on one (BIG) problem. It is July - and I hardly remember anything about these past months except for the fact that Trey has been having seizures. Cody is at the cutest and funnest stage of a child right now and I feel like I am missing it in a way because I am so focused on Trey. ATTITUDE SHIFT NEEDED!! Trey is doing extremely well despite his seizures. Of course it is disturbing to see them every day and it is extremely hard to focus on the good when you have a huge problem presenting itself almost every hour of the day, but there is a lot of good in my life. Trey and Cody are beautiful, happy and fun little boys. I still have a lot of hope and faith that Trey will be healed of this infirmity - hopefully sooner rather than later. We still have quite a few tricks up our sleeves to beat these phantom bullies that I wish no child would ever have to live with. We keep praying for him and hopefully one of these days our prayers will be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment